Followers

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Poem #408

Coffee
My love is strong
Just like coffee...black
With a hint of sugar
To tickle my funny bone
Imagination runs wild
From the misconception
A future added through timeless years
Built by the presence of you
Old love clouds my judgement
Through friendship and good laughs
Never tainted
The touch of your cheek
Soft...silk-made
Melted into our everlasting
I'm kept close
Hugs turned into eternity
Well maybe just a reflection
My thoughts hold tight to your smile
Almost captured in safe havens
Locked away 
Only flutter to your heartbeat
Replicating my first love
With a twist
Because this existence is different
Yet I'm prepared
Set and ready
To learn you
Be open minded to your ways
Flaws that fluster my days
Yet I can’t stay away
Gaining a crush through every connection made
Baby, understand you had me by the eyes
You are a consistent memory
That I try to hide
Because no one needs to know
How bittersweet
Your friendship is to me
Giving me such security
That you will always be here
My love is strong
Just like coffee...Black….With a hint of sugar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment