Followers

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Poem #405


A mother’s cry

My heart goes out to every mother who has lost a son to gun violence
My heart goes out to every mother who has lost a son to police brutality
My heart goes out to every mother who has lost a child
My heart goes out
To every bullet that has been pulled back
With fault of fear
Of a skin color that was not chosen by the fallen
Mind triggered the minute I walk out of my door
I am a walking biblical verse
Ashes to ashes
Dust to dust
Surrounded by angels,
Pain only exists in the eyes
Of the ones who can't protect me
Pain only exists in the eyes
Of those marching on the front lines
Pain only exists
Who will hold my mother in this trying time
Who will console her
Who will give her peace
While reliving the incident
With a conclusion already written
Another damn moment
Repetitive language
Slurred in anguish
Devastation
Paralyzed
Scripted grammar
This dialogue only awaits the hearts of those fighting freedom
Yet this fight has been going on for so long
We fight
Blinded by failed pretenses
Failed system
That we get yelled at for our votes
But I'm still awaiting an education
Promised through masters and whippings
God forbid me knowing more than I should
Yet another mother will be in tears
Another grievance
Another not guilty
Another

No comments:

Post a Comment