Followers

Monday, April 6, 2020

30 for 30 Take 6

Word of the Day: ANXIETY


Today has truly been a day. I hate to give a back story before the actual poem but....
Life has collided with the realness of the pandemic.
I assumed after the first three weeks that my fear was gone from other people's fear but...
I guess not!
It started Sunday... I was able to focus on my family and make sure we were ok.
Yet there was a feeling that came over me and I wanted.... well NEEDED to go back home.
I couldn't explain that to my mom because I didn't want her to think I was no punk!
I WAS EVERY BIT OF A PUNK!!! I wanted to get out and scatter away from everyone!
Yes, I needed groceries and yes I needed the ESSENTIALS! So I sucked up my feelings and grabbed everything that I needed.
NOW my sinuses wanted to act up and my jaw was hurting. You know like we just had to add something else to my already pan of emotions.
So I clearly just needed to be home.
Now fast forward to today! Home trying to homeschool and not only am I overwhelmed but I feel like technology is against me.
So I breathed and let my daughter take over her own schooling, which was the best idea I could have thought of all day!
Yet my anxiety was through the roof and I just wanted this day to be over.
Crazy thing is people assume that I always have it together; so much so that I am usually skipped over when it comes to asking if the room is alright. I would be the first to say yes. Ok, ok enough about my stress. Here is my poem:

Society is stressing me
to be every ounce of super human
yet who am i to complain
my cup runneth over
so i should keep my soul maintained
in the world
that shelter the poor
who am i to want to be upheld
in higher form
so i retreat in my strength
cradle close to my courage
praying to be uplifted from sorrow
this storm can't hold on for to long
just have to wait for it to blow over
I'll be alright...

by: The Silent Poet


No comments:

Post a Comment