Followers

Thursday, April 2, 2020

30 for 30 Take 2

I missed posting my first post for 30 poems for 30 days in celebration of National Poetry Month but I am here to catch up!

Title: Today's Word is CHALLENGE

I am perplexed
Battling if I should raise her
Or be her first teacher
But will I get this right?
I barely know my equations
So how can I be right
Shrugs shoulders and pray
That I am capable to be all she needs
Nurturing her creativity
While CHALLENGING her mind
I know that it will take time
But I am afraid that the game
Will have her questioning my brain
Yet that's why I am here to be her support
When the system has failed her
Yet I question who prepared me?



30 for 30! I'm just getting warmed up! So what is your CHALLENGE?!

1 comment:

  1. Word for April 2: CHALLENGE

    If I planted my heart, knives would grow.
    ~Carlos, 15 years old

    For me, bitterness comes easy
    except when it doesn't. I call it
    dark, cynical, salty, tough.
    Call it callus, shield, mask,
    shelter. Call it making lemons
    out of sugar, knives out of hearts.
    The world gives me
    fuzzy new blossoms and the smell
    of sunshine and I remember the
    rain. For me, bitterness comes easy
    except when it doesn't:
    except when I am struck tender
    with awe at another's words,
    a child's words,
    a student's words, a poet's
    words. Yes, I say. Plant that soft
    heart. Grow those glittering gorgeous gutsy
    blades.

    April 2, 2020

    ReplyDelete