Followers

Sunday, April 5, 2020

30 for 30 Take 5

Word of the Day: Memories


The best memories feel like they are frozen in time
Smiling back at you
In movie reels
that can't be unseen
yet who wants to erase a memory?
Standing still so the moment can recreate itself
If only I was present during the moment
Or life could have paused for this moment
Left alone
Why didn't I snap enough photos
or make memorabilia
to hang in my room
why are memories so precious
yet so easily to be removed
how can a memory be so solid yet so cold
frozen then mentally melted by a disease creeping in you brain
Oh memories oh memories
please stay with me.

~by The Silent Poet 💓



1 comment:

  1. Spring in Our Step

    Again I take my shepherd for a walk
    And all the fields are strung with purple blooms
    And dew; and everywhere the squirrels talk,
    The birds yell tweets and shake their pretty plumes.

    I revel in the sun, she in the shade.
    I even let her off-leash for some play.
    But she just looks at me, all slow and staid:
    This is the seventh walk we've had today.

    ReplyDelete